Friday, June 25, 2010

Teen Reviews!

There's still time to sign up for the teen summer reading program, get a free book, and read to put your name in for the end of summer drawing!
  • Taylor read The Battle of the Labyrinth by Rick Riordan and says: I loved this book because it was funny & it had a lot of action in it.
  • Eva read The Splendor Falls by Rosemary Clement-Moore and says: I loved this book because the main character in this book, Sylvie, was given a good personality. Though she had broken her leg, she still went at great extents to walk. She also never just gave up on any of her beliefs. When she started gardening and realized it was kind of hard, she kept gardening. I'd say it was Sylvie's personality that made me like this book.
  • Payton read Give a boy a gun by Todd Strasser and says: I loved this book because it talks about real things that happen. They didn't make up a story about people doing school shootings. They actually told a story of how a boy ruined peoples lives with details + real witnesses.
  • Payton also read Twilight by Stephenie Meyer and says: I hated this book because I could barely read the book! There was no action whatsoever. I don't like [?] to read o/n [or maybe old?] books. They have to be awsome. The movie was way better too! Now that Twilight has become big all books are about vampires. The book did tell me the story and didn't just read it, but way to much detail! Seriously, it needs a lot more action.
  • Paige read The short second life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer and says: I love this book because: Lots of action.

No comments: