Friday, August 27, 2010

Suggestion Bucket

Geronimo Stilton comics. We do have four Geronimo Stilton comics - they're very popular and you might need to put a hold on them! I'll be adding more when they're available - there should be a new one in September and another new one in October!

More new movies for kids. New movies are coming! I've just ordered some and they'll be available soon - new Batman movies, replacements for some Disney and Dr. Seuss favorites, Penguins of Madagascar, and more!

I suggest more Anne Frank books. I got a new biography of Anne Frank recently, we're also ordering the new Anne Frank graphic novel this fall. New materials on Anne Frank will be showing up in the adult nonfiction soon as well!

Reading contest. Unfortunately, we don't have enough staff and money to run the summer reading program all year long! We will be having programs with crafts and books in the fall, such as Make it and Take it, where you can come make crafts and talk about books with your friends!

Diary of a wimpy kid: the last straw. We own 3 copies each of the Diary of a wimpy kid books, but they're very popular! Ask a librarian to help you put a hold on the book so you can have a turn reading it! Or you can try some of our Wimpy Kid read-alikes in the white binder above the series shelf!

Stand tall, Molly Lou Melon. I've added this to our picturebook list - have to see how the budget looks though...

I suggest getting more Lanie American Girl books. There's only two - Lanie and Lanie's Real Adventures. We have both - I'll get more if they publish more in the series, but they usually only do two for American Girl of the Year. If you haven't read these two, ask a librarian to help you put a hold on them, so you can be next to read them! If you like Lanie, you might also like Julie Bowe's Friends for Keeps series.

I would suggest getting more Rainbow Magic books. More Rainbow Magic books are coming! We have some donated copies that will be added soon - look for new Rainbow Magic series in January...when I have new money in my series budget!

Charlie and Lola say cheese! I've added this to our picturebook list, but I don't know if I'll have money for a while...we'll see how the budget lines up!

No comments: