Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Teen Reviews

Our teens are reading up a storm! Here are some more great summer reads!
  • Payten B. read Deadly Little Secrets by Laurie Faria Stolarz and says: I loved this book because at first I thought it was Ben who was sending her the pictures. When I got to page 180 I knew it wasn't Ben stalking her. It was Matt. It says that she needed to listen to him and he also said that he wanted her to stay away from Ben - Ben said she should even stay away from him. In the end, it was Matt, like my prediction. It kept making you change your mind if Ben was the real murderer or not. Very thrilling q-:
  • Payten B. also read What my girlfriend doesn't know by Sonya Sones and she says: I loved this book because it's so thrilling and I never put the book down. I just read right through in less than four hours. I think this book ended to quickly and that Sophie should have never forgiven him but Tessa went out with him and people started respecting him because he was with an older lady.
  • Paige B. read Quantum Prophecy book one: The Awakening by Michael Carroll and says: A good superhero story. An awesome beginning to what seems like it'll be a good series.
  • Paige B. also read Little Women by Louisa May Alcott and she says: A classic.
  • Stephanie S. read Scat by Carl Hiaasen and she says: My best friend should read this book because Scat is a book about true friendship, love, and doing what is right. Nick, Marta, and Mrs. Starch start out as enemies and slowly evolve to being close companions after they save a panther cub and return him back to his mother. When they do that, they also turn in an oil company for drilling illegally in a government owned site. In the beginning, this oil company set a fire in the swamp to scare off the school who was there for an educational field trip. They blamed the fire on a kid called Smoke, but in rescuing the panther cub they uncover the truth that Smoke is innocent. This results in an unending friendship between Smoke, Nick, and Marta.
  • Allison read The 39 clues book one: The Maze of Bones by Rick Riordan and she says: I like this book because Amy and Dan Cahill are brother and sister. Their Grandma died and had this quest to find the 39 clues and whoever wins will find the prizes. There are 7 teams and one of them are Amy and Dan. There's danger, adventure and more. I really enjoyed it.

No comments: